Do you like to connect with people, make a difference and do the right thing?
Somerset Care is an award-winning not-for-profit provider of care across the South West. When people think about care, they think of the Somerset Care Group.
Moorhaven recruit based on values – However, you must have a Level 2 QCF qualification in catering and OR demonstrable experience in working as a chef or a cook.
2x PART TIME POSITION AVAILABLE - 23 hours per week!
- Week One: Monday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday - 7am-2pm
- Week Two: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday - 7am-2pm
- Provide a high standard or varied menus, reflecting individual dietary requirements, and ensuring nutritional value is monitored.
- To manage and order food stock.
- To maintain a clean and safe kitchen to a high standard.
- To work with the kitchen assistant in the preparation and serving of food.
- Our Assistant Cook pay rate of £10.90 per hour (£11.50 on weekends!) recognises the value of our team members.
“I have always felt very proud to work for Somerset Care and feel very grateful for the career opportunities & support I have been given.”
Apply now to speak to our friendly onboarding team!
We really care about our staff and offer a range of excellent benefits:
- We have partnered with Wagestream so you can access your earned wages before payday
- So Much More Rewarding - provides access to discounts at 1000’s of high street retailers. Make So Much More Rewarding a part of the way you shop and you could save on average £1,000 per year
- Excellent training & development opportunities with recognised qualifications.
- Access to The Hub online learning platform – our one stop shop for learning & development
- Free counselling service - 24-hour helpline for staff and their families
- Fully paid induction and DBS paid by Somerset Care
- And so much more!
If you would like to have a chat with our friendly onboarding team, please call us on 01823 802 637 and select Option 1.
Somerset Care Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion / belief, sexual orientation or age.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.