Job Title: Registered Home Manager
Hours: Full time, 39 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Salary: £37,376.04 per annum
Location: Cary Brook, Castle Cary , BA7 7EE
We have an exciting opportunity for a Registered Manager at Cary Brook!
Somerset Care is one of the major care providers in Southwest England, and one of the largest not-for-profit care companies in the UK. As an award-winning company, it’s no surprise that we put our customers at the heart of what we do, by listening to, and understanding their wishes.
About the Home
Step into the welcoming world of Cary Brook, a 45 bedded dedicated residence for individuals living with dementia, nestled in the charming market town of Castle Cary, renowned for its warm and welcoming community ambiance.
"I have found Cary Brook very caring, the helpful staff were always pleasant and professional and appeared to go above and beyond to make my father's stay with them a pleasant and enjoyable one and meeting his needs and requests". – Son of Resident
About the Role
Your role will involve working to company set KPI’S, focusing upon occupancy rates, staffing and managing budgets. You will also be responsible for managing the internal team ensuring that all policies and procedures are adhered to and in line with the highest standards for our resident’s safety and care.
This year, our home received "Requires Improvement" ratings in two of our CQC Key Lines of Enquiry (KLOES), and we are committed to ongoing enhancements. Therefore, someone with prior experience in facilitating such improvements would be a valuable addition to our team
You will need previous experience of working as a Registered Home Manager in a similar setting.
As part of your role, your duties will include:
- Becoming the Registered Manager of the service with the Regulator and as such being responsible and accountable for all aspects of the service.
- Leading, directing, supervising, and supporting all staff teams within the service
- Providing high quality residential care for our Service Users within the policy of the Company’s Quality Assurance (QA) framework.
- Ensuring proactive income generation to meet and exceed Company targets and maintain high levels of occupancy within the service.
- Managing targeted expenditure of the service with particular focus around staffing costs.
- Adhering to and ensuring that staff work to the defined Company quality standards and ensuring that statutory requirements and Company policy and procedures are implemented.
- Working within a regulatory framework.
- Working/liaising with families and other members of the multi-disciplinary team.
- Maintaining your Continued Professional Development (CPD), and ensuring your team maintain and develop their skills as appropriate.
Our ideal candidate must have:
- Minimum 2 years management experience within a Care Home environment
- Management accounting experience
- Strong IT skills to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Experience of care service delivery
- Experience of emergency response to incidents within the service
- Willingness to adjust working hours to suit the needs of the service, including weekends should the need arise.
- Formal management or business qualification equivalent to level 3 or above
- Minimum of Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England (QCF) Level 3 or equivalent
- Has or willingness to work towards a Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care (Adults) for England (QCF) Level 5
- Valid current driving licence and vehicle for use
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Honesty and respect for confidentiality
- Clean and tidy appearance
- Having the ability to demonstrate a compassionate approach.
- Highly motivated
Why work for us?
- We really care about all our staff and offer a range of excellent benefits:
- We have partnered with Wagestream so you can access your earned wages before payday.
- So Much More Rewarding - provides access to discounts at 1000’s of high street retailers. Make So Much More Rewarding a part of the way you shop, and you could save on average £1,000 per year.
- Excellent training & development opportunities with recognised qualifications.
- Access to The Hub online learning platform – our one stop shops for learning & development
- Free counselling service - 24-hour helpline for staff and their families
- Fully paid induction and DBS paid by Somerset Care
And so much more!
Apply online today or call our friendly recruitment team on 01823 802 637 for more information.
Somerset Care Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion / belief, sexual orientation or age.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.